Friday, May 13, 2011

My definition of Optimism & Pessimism


Well I believe that optimism & pessimism both are two sides of same coin. Every single being experience both these states at some time in their life. These two states are meaningless without considering their impact on the person experiencing them. The "Impact" is the main thing. Suppose a person is optimist about something that this will happen or I will get this and he/she gets relaxed and their effort reduces then such optimism is also harmful. On the other hand if there is a pessimist person and he fears that upcoming storm will destroy his harvest or kill his animals and he built shelter of his animals and proper storage for his harvest before the storm actually hit, in that case the pessimism is good.

I believe that everything in moderation helps us in one way or another. It is the extremes that are dangerous.

Optimism for me is anything that helps me to take preventive & corrective measures, provide me strength to face the challenges of life; something that fuels me makes me courageous, gives me confidence and protects my will.

Pessimism is anything that paralyzes me from taking the required actions, which create so much fear and worry that it blinds me of the opportunities & solution. It’s something that strikes to weaken my belief on possibilities and blessing of Allah, something that can trigger negative though patterns and negatively impact my self image.


Have a blessed day ahead.
Aisha Javed

2 comments:

  1. Can we say that realism is the middle line between pessimism and optimism?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends on what is your definition of realism & how it impacts you.

    ReplyDelete