Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Thought of the day: Our fear cause more damage than the event itself can.

What? You don't agree with me? Let me explain :-)

In my house there's a sofa underneath which lives two Cockroaches. Sometimes while I'm sitting at my couch a cockroach comes out so i am scared because of that. So even when I'm doing something important i can't pay attention to it.I constantly keep looking at the ground because i fear that another cockroach may come but usually nothing happens and my worries only distract me from what i do

Most of us act in a similar way in our lives. We are usually paying too much attention to our fears (the cockroach that never came out) so this distracts us from our real goals and ends up limiting our potential. I've learned that even if the cockroach does get on my feet , the damage i do to myself by being distracted is far greater. So i learned not to worry over things that have yet to happen.

Just take out 5 minutes and think how many of the things that your fear about actually happen? But we tend to think about them so much, sacrifice the joy of present, our health, our relations but in actual that event never actually happen or even if it do, it is not powerful to damage us that much that our fear of it already had.

No comments:

Post a Comment